Rowing is extremely popular here at SWPS and one of the School's major sports.
Rowing starts in the form of a the ‘Ready To Row’ Strength and Conditioning sessions in Year 7 & 8, progressing to a Water Learn to Row camp in the summer of Year 8.
Rowing in Year 9 becomes a full co-curricular option. We then offer a performance pathway from Year 10 onwards for those looking to be competitive in the sport, but also offer a recreational route as part of games afternoons.
In recent years SWPSBC has had rowers competing for Great Britain at junior level as well as racing at Henley Royal Regatta against some of the best school crews in the world.
- Mr Chris Boddy || Head Coach
- Miss Natalie Holden || Head of Junior Rowing & Administration
- Mr Jonno Davidson || Equipment Manager & Coach
- Miss Iona Riley || Assistant Senior Coach
- Miss Sam Courty || Peripatetic Rowing Coach
- Miss Bethany Illsley || Gap-Year Rowing Coach
- Miss Jennie Farmer || Teacher & Rowing Coach
The Boat Club was opened in 2016 as part of the School's Building Development programme and is situated at Laleham Reach, a short distance from the School.
SWPS Boat Club