School History

History
Sir William Perkins, a wealthy Chertsey merchant, founded the School in 1725 to educate the town’s children. The School moved to its present site in 1819 and later became a girls' school and a voluntary controlled Grammar School in 1944.
In 1978, it became fully independent as an educational foundation administered by trustees, who also form the Board of Governors. This history underpins the ethos of the School.

 

Today the School has over 600 pupils aged eleven to eighteen, who join us from many different independent preparatory and maintained sector schools. Situated on attractive Green Belt land, we are easily reached by road and public transport and students travel here from a wide area.